This unique Mini DisplayPort™ to VGA adapter is equipped with a built-in audio port which lets you connect Mini DisplayPort equipped devices, such as a Microsoft® Surface™ Pro devices or MacBook Air laptop, to a VGA display or projector with audio.
Share your presentations and videos
Because most boardrooms are set up differently, the length of cables available in each room vary. Not all laptops have the MiniDisplayPort (mDP) and audio ports positionedon the same side, which can become awkward when you're trying to share your presentations. It can also mean that some ports may be just out of reach during a meeting.
This convenient adapter positions your audio and video ports on the same side of your laptop, to ensure that all of the ports you need are accessible when you need them.
Substitute for a damaged audio port
If the audio port on your mobile device is damaged or blocked by other connections, this convenient adapter guarantees that you'll always have all of the ports you need for every presentation. By connecting audio to your laptop through the adapter, you can be prepared for any situation.
In order to use the audio function of the adapter you need to power the adapter through a USB port on your laptop, or through a charge port on a USB grommet. Simply plug a Micro USB cable from the adapter into the USB port and audio will be available when you deliver your presentation.
Create a clutter-free environment
The adapter can also be used for connecting your laptop or desktop computer to your monitor and speakers. The adapter and connected cables can be placed nicely at the back of your monitor to create a tidy setup between all of your devices.
Arrive prepared, wherever you go
This mDP to VGA adapter is extremely portable with a lightweight, small-footprint design. It's the perfect accessory to carry with your mobile devices, fitting easily into your laptop bag or carrying case. Its ultra-portable design makes the adapter ideal for BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) applications at the office.
It also enables you to arrive prepared when you're presenting to a potential client, teaching off-site, or traveling to a meet with a customer.
The adapter is compatible with Intel® Thunderbolt™, when connected directly to a supporting DisplayPort over Thunderbolt™ I/O port, and supports resolutions up to 1920x1200 (WUXGA).
The MDP2VGAA is backed by a 3-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Group your VGA and audio ports together, to ensure they're all accessible when you need them
- Substitute a damaged or blocked audio port by connecting your audio directly through the adapter
- Provide crystal-clear picture quality with support for high-definition video resolutions up to 1920x1200 or 1080p
- Maximum portability with a small footprint and lightweight design
- Connector on Second End : 1 x 5-pin Type B Female Micro USB
- Cable Type : Mini DisplayPort/Mini-phone/USB/VGA
- Environmental Certification : REACH
- Environmentally Friendly : Yes
- Color : Black
- Device Supported : Audio/Video Device
- Limited Warranty : 2 Year
- Connector on First End : 1 x 20-pin Mini DisplayPort Male Digital Audio/Video
- Packaged Quantity : 1
- Supported Resolution : 1920 x 1200
- Package Contents :
- 1 x Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter
- 1 x 0.25m Micro USB Cable
- Manufacturer Website Address : http://www.startech.com
- Product Type : A/V Cable
- Manufacturer : StarTech.com
- Cable Length : 7.2"
- Features : Active
- Compatibility :
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Tablet
- Apple MacBook Air Laptop
- Country of Origin : China