This USB-C Hub with 100W USB Power Delivery pass-through adds four USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gbps) ports (2x USB-A, 2x USB-C) to a USB-C enabled computer. Connect the USB hub to a USB-C port on a laptop, using the built-in 1ft (30cm) USB-C host cable. Charge a host laptop by connecting the host laptop's USB-C power supply to the USB Power Delivery (PD) 3.0 port. Backward compatible with USB 2.0 (480Mbps) devices ensures support for a wide range of modern and legacy USB peripherals (e.g., external storage devices - thumb drives, HDDs/SSDs, HD cameras, mice, keyboards, webcams, and audio headsets). The USB hub supports Wake on USB and is compact in size, facilitating portability when travelling.
USB Power Delivery Pass-Through
This USB hub features USB Power Delivery 3.0 pass-through (up to 100W). This features enables the USB Type-C Hub to provide the option to use one of the downstream USB-C ports to connect a USB-C power source (up to 100W) to power and charge a laptop. PD 3.0 features Fast Role Swap (FRS) to prevent USB data disruption when switching power sources (USB-C power adapter to bus power).
The USB Hub can operate with a USB-C power adapter connected or with bus-powered alone. It draws up to 15W of power from the USB-C host computer that's dynamically shared across the downstream ports. For added protection to this USB hub and the connected host device, the USB hub features Overcurrent Protection (OCP). OCP prevents faulty USB peripherals from drawing more power than is safely allocated.
Plug and Play
This device is compatible with all major operating systems, including Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, iPadOS, and Android. The Hub is automatically detected, configured, and installed upon connection to a host computer. This ensures automatic installation and setting configuration with any USB-C laptop, including Thunderbolt 3, Thunderbolt 4 and USB4 computers such as Apple MacBook (Intel/M1/M2), Lenovo X1 Carbon and Dell XPS. The built-in extra-long 1 ft. (30 cm) USB-C host cable ensures easy setup and reduces connector strain on 2-in-1 devices such as the Surface Pro 7, iPad Pro, HP Elite X2 and laptops on riser stands.
Enhance Productivity and Device Management with the StarTech.com Connectivity Tools Application
Developed to improve performance and security, StarTech.com Connectivity Tools is the only software suite on the market that is compatible with a wide variety of IT connectivity accessories. The applicable software for this product is the USB Event Monitoring Utility. Use this utility to track and log any connected USB devices.
For more information and to download the StarTech.com Connectivity Tools application, please visit: www.StarTech.com/connectivity-tools
This product is backed for 2-years by StarTech.com, including free lifetime 24/5 multi-lingual technical assistance.
- 4-PORT USB-C HUB: USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gbps) expansion hub w/USB-C host, 2x USB-A, 2x USB-C incl. 1x USB PD pass-through, Overcurrent Protection (OCP) & Wake on USB - Up to 15W of power shared dynamically between 4 downstream ports
- RELIABLE PERFORMANCE: 100W Power Delivery Pass-Through with 15W reserved for adapter (when using one or all ports) and up to 85W available for host laptop charging - Prevents device dropouts, and/or power overdraw common in other hubs
- EXTRA-LONG CABLE: Compact housing and bus-powered ideal for travel - Attached extra-long 1ft. (30cm) host cable for easy setup and to reduce connector strain on 2-in-1 devices such as Surface Pro 7, iPad Pro, HP Elite X2, and laptops on riser stands
- APPLICATIONS: Add USB connectivity and host device charging from a single USB-C port - Ideal for USB-C charged devices with limited USB ports such as MS Surface Pro, Pixel Book & iPad Pro - USB Event Monitoring utility available for download
- COMPATIBILITY: Supports all major operating systems, incl. Windows, macOS, Linux, iPadOS, ChromeOS, Android - Compatible w/ Thunderbolt 3/4 & USB4 host devices such as MacBook (Intel/M1/M2), Lenovo X1 Carbon, Dell XPS, Microsoft Surface - Works w/USB 2.0
- Product Type : USB Hub
- Host Interface : USB 3.2 (Gen 1) Type C
- Manufacturer : StarTech.com