This 3.5in SATA hard drive hot-swap bay allows you to install a 3.5in SATA drive in an available/unused 5.25in drive bay. To remove the drive, it's as simple as opening the front panel door; to re-insert a drive, simply insert the drive (connector first) until the door closes.
The hot swap bay offers a trayless design that makes it the ideal solution for quick and easy drive removals and insertions as part of a system building process, or integration into rackmount systems or industrial environments.
To maximize performance and utilize the full speed potential of your SATA III hard drives, this HDD Backplane supports SATA III for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with a compatible controller.
Also a perfect addition for operating system image deployment and any task that requires being able to quickly access large volumes of data on the fly, the hot swap bay provides everything you need to expedite important projects while maintaining a reliable storage solution.
With support for SATA HDD speeds up to 6.0 Gbps, the mobile rack/backplane is fully compatible with RAID installations to ensure maximum performance and versatility for enhanced storage applications.
Designed to provide a durable and reliable operating experience, the mobile rack features a 50,000+ insertion rating and is backed by StarTech.com's 2-year warranty.
- Plug-and-Play and Hot-Swap compatible
- Supports 3.5" form factor SATA hard drives
- Support for SATA revision I/II/III (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps)
- Power and Activity LED indicator
- Internal rubber shock absorbers
- 50,000+ insertion rating
- Lockable drive bay
- Trayless design: drives are not mounted into separate trays/enclosures
- Holds a 3.5" SATA drive in a front accessible 5.25" bay
- Number of Hard Drives Supported : 1
- Environmental Certification : WEEE
- Environmentally Friendly : Yes
- Color : Black
- Material : Aluminum
- Number of 3.5" Bays : 1
- Limited Warranty : 2 Year
- Packaged Quantity : 1
- Form Factor : Internal
- Package Contents :
- 5.25" Tray-Less SATA Hot-Swap Hard Drive Bay
- 2 x Keys
- 1 x Screw Kit
- 1 x Instruction Manual
- Manufacturer Website Address : http://www.startech.com
- Product Type : Drive Bay Adapter
- Host Interface : Serial ATA/600
- Manufacturer : StarTech.com
- Number of Total Expansion Bays : 1
- Product Model : HSB100SATBK
- Compatibility :
- Compatible Drive Bay Width : 5.25"
- Country of Origin : China
- Drive Interface : SATA/600